What You'll Get
Oceans are the earth’s final frontier, holding thousands of uncategorized species of fish and one plastic bag filled with loose doll hairs. Uncover the mysteries of the deep with this Groupon.
Choose From Three Options
$20 gets you a 4-hour snorkel trip package (a $40 value) that includes:
- 45 to 60 minutes of snorkel time at Nursery Reef and wreckage of the historic SS Copenhagen
- All necessary equipment and gear
- Light drinks and snacks <p>
$175 gets you an open water scuba certification package (a $350 value) that includes:
- Two class sessions, Two pool sessions, and four open water sessions led by PADI-certified instructors
- All gear and equipment except mask, snorkel, fins, and weight belt with weights<p>
$189 gets you an advanced scuba certification package (a $399 value) that includes:
- A deep dive, a navigation dive, and three adventure dives such as wrecks, drift dives, and lobster hunting or spearfishing
- Books <p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required. 24hr cancellation notice required. Subject to weather. Must be 10 or older for scuba certification. Must sign waiver. Doctor's signature required for clients with certain medical conditions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Dixie Divers
The PADI-certified instructors at Dixie Divers lead small scuba certification classes and ferry experienced divers to local dive sites aboard their boat, the Lady Go Diver. The vessel also shepherds snorkelers to the historic wreckage of the SS Copenhagen and through the Nursery Reef where they can get acquainted with playful wildlife through a series of secret handshakes.
During certification classes that progress to the level of master diver, small groups endeavor through classroom, pool, and open water training, and advanced diver certification includes adventure dives and trips down as deep as 100 feet. Divers stock up on all things aquatic at Dixie's full-service dive shop, which offers everything from equipment rental and repair to gear sales for activities such as scuba diving, lobstering, jellyfish racing, kayaking, and spearfishing.