Traditional diners evoke a simpler time when juicy hamburgers, BLTs, and subpoenas were delivered by waitresses on roller skates. Roll palates back to a nostalgic era with today’s Groupon to Dizzy’s Diner in Brooklyn. Choose between the following options:
- For $19, you get a short-order-style lunch or dinner for two (up to a $57.90 total value) that includes the following:
- Two entrees (up to a $19.95 value each)
- One side (a $6 value)
Two beers (a $6 value each)<p>
- For $35, you get a short-order-style lunch or dinner for four (up to a $115.80 total value) that includes the following:
- Four entrees (up to a $19.95 value each)
- Two sides (a $6 value each)
- Four beers (a $6 value each)<p>
Ensconced in fiery yellows and reds and enlivened with nostalgic élan, Dizzy’s Diner is the brainchild of two devotees of down-home cooking with experience in Bobby Flay’s kitchens and at the Culinary Institute of America. A menu of classic diner fare crams in comfort food such as Dad’s Favorite Meatloaf, wrapped in smoked bacon with its feet up on davenport of garlic mashed potatoes, and the turkey club deluxe, which unites the classic tomato, bacon, and roast turkey of a club with fresh tossed greens and cranberry chutney. On a plate of steak frites, pan-seared hanger steak soaks in sauce au poivre in the steak frites, and a pair of portobello and garden burgers cure vegetarian cravings. Each of these meals is attended by a side such as grits, coleslaw, or chili-cheese fries, as a frosty brew refs a cage fight between salt and pepper shakers.
511 9th St.
Brooklyn, New York 11215