What You'll Get
$393 for a Three Hour Wedding DJ with Lights ($750 Value)
Wedding Toasts: Dos and Don’ts for the Big Day
Weddings aren’t just a big day for the bride and groom—members of the bridal party are often expected to give toasts. Read up on wedding-toast etiquette before raising your glass.
Engagement parties. Rehearsal dinners. Wedding receptions. At any of these events, at least somebody—whether the couple’s parents, the maid of honor, the best man, or even the bride and groom—will need to give a toast. These tips can help ease the anxiety of giving a memorable speech:
- Tell Inappropriate Stories: Above all, a toast should be casual and celebratory, more a commemoration of a joyful moment than a Friar’s Club roast. To that end, avoid sharing any potentially embarrassing anecdotes or memories that predate the couple—especially when it comes to their exes.
- Crack Jokes About Marriage: Though a little humor is fine—and most audiences expect a joke or two—jokes at the expense of marriage are off limits. Like in any other situation, the old “Take my wife, please!” line will draw more eye-rolls than guffaws. And besides, the day is all about honoring marriage, not tearing it down.
- Make it About You: A toast is no time to hog the spotlight. No one wants to hear the speaker solicit dates, talk about their own good deeds, or read off their entire résumé to potential employers in the audience. Keep the focus on the happy couple.
- Keep it short: There’s no reason why a toast should run more than two or three minutes. It’s even fine to cap it at just a few lines, giving people a chance to finally find out what’s at the bottom of their tables’ Cracker Jack boxes.
- Rehearse: Unless you’re an all-star ad-libber, it’s best to write the speech ahead of time and practice reading it aloud until you’re comfortable doing so. Feel free to bring along notes, but remember to address the entire room and not the paper in front of you.
- Be Yourself: Amid all the expectations of the big speech, don’t try to force yourself to be funny—or even to be poignant. Speak from the heart and be genuine and the love will come through. Still, save truly personal messages for a private conversation.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 1 per person. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Additional fees will apply for additional hours of rental. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About DJ Dance Boogie
No matter what kind of party his clients are throwing, DJ Dance Boogie has the accessories to make it an awesome event. Bounce houses, balloons, and carnival games such as strength contests and inflatable slides add an element of fun to parties for all occasions. DJ Dance Boogie also has Xbox and Wii consoles for rent, face-painting services, jugglers, and costumed characters that include Santa, Mario and Luigi, and Barney. Full DJ equipment, lighting rigs, and karaoke add a soundtrack to events of all occasions, and DJ Dance Boogie also has basic party supplies such as tables, chairs, and tents. Those with a flair for the exotic can avail themselves of DJ Dance Boogie’s petting zoo, which includes animals such as a 10-foot red-tail boa snake, giant cockroaches, a hedgehog, chinchillas, and a ferret.