On a hot summer day, few activities compare to licking a cold tree branch, which is why an overwhelming majority of children choose ice cream instead. Stick a spoon in the next heat wave with today's deal: for $6, you get $15 worth of soft-serve ice cream at D'Lites Emporium. Choose from the following locations (prices and selection may vary by location):
- East Fowler Avenue in Tampa
- South Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa
- Spring Hill Drive in Spring Hill
- 49th Street North in St. Petersburg
D’Lites sates squealing sweet teeth with myriad ice-cream treats that are low carb, low fat, low sugar, and cholesterol free. At 50 calories per serving, the only things missing from D'Lites ice cream are artificial sweeteners and sadness. Each day at the shop, four specialty flavors guest star with daily headliners chocolate and vanilla, including concoctions such as chocolate cake batter, strawberry fluff, banana-cream pie, and samoa. In all, D'Lites has more than 100 flavors in its recipe Rolodex. The shop slings soft serve into cups ($2.34+), cake cones ($3.99), and luxurious waffle cones ($3.99), as well as into specialty creations such as shakes ($4.49) and ultimate sundae bowls ($6.99). If you want to shower a newlywed in sprinkles, order them and any other extra toppings such as cookie dough, granola, and butterfingers, or if you're on the run, grab a to-go pint ($5.39) or a six-pack of ice-cream sandwiches ($7.99), ideal for wearing as a threatening, edible bandoleer.
As a healthier alternative to eating heavier ice creams and sticks of butter on a stick, D'Lites soft serve is a legitimate indulgence for calorie counters and carefree kids alike. One woman even lost 80 pounds after discovering D'Lites ice cream, and though her story isn't typical, it certainly is deliciously true.
- With flavors like Almond Joy, Tagalong, Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake, and Pina Colada, there's something for every kind of sweet tooth here, from fruity to rich. The secrets of D'lites will remain a mystery, but the nutrition facts don't lie. You really can't find a more filling, refreshing frozen treat with as little guilt as this one! – Summer Lott, Metromix