Choose from Three Options
- $675 for one custom 120s suit, one custom shirt, and one silk tie ($1,149 value)
- $975 for one custom 120s suit, one custom shirt, one pair of custom made shoes, and one silk tie ($1,700 value)
- $179 for two custom shirts ($349 value)
The Suit: A Man’s Modern Armor
Modern men’s fashion mixes many elements from different eras, but in the end, simplicity matters most. Before your new tailor adds their own expertise, read on for an overview of the ultimate outfit.
- Single-breasted, two-button jacket designs provide a timeless look, and top buttons should be located lower, around the navel, to help add length to the torso.
- The jacket should have thin lapels to accentuate a V-shaped figure—GQ recommends no more than 2 inches at the lapel’s widest point.
- In terms of fabric, high-quality wool blends hold their shape and resist wrinkling better than cotton or aluminum foil.
- A suit should cut a sleek, slim figure that splits the difference between a skinny and boxy look.
- The jacket typically tapers at the waist, which helps accentuate the shoulders. Modern jackets are short, too, and you should also be able to cup your hands around the bottom.
- Jacket sleeves should end at the break of the wrist, allowing about a half inch of the shirt cuff to show.
- Many jackets have only a single vent on the back, but dual-vent designs allow gentlemen to easily slip their hands into their pockets without affecting the suit’s silhouette.
- Slit pockets help maintain a sleek, Italian look, whereas traditional flap pockets add a more formal touch.
- A pocket square is key to a tailored suit since it draws a pe