Explore trails and support the center’s initiative, organize a party, or experience a face-to-beak encounter with American kestrel
About This Deal
Private Live Bird of Prey Encounter for Two
- Participants can meet a pint-sized American kestrel, enter the behind-the-scenes area of Dogwood Canyon’s bird enclosure, examine bird pellets and feathers, see firsthand what the American kestrel eats, and have a picture taken. They can even have the opportunity to hold the bird on a gloved hand.
- Each participant receives a souvenir and a one-year membership, which provides a 10% discount in the gift shop and is valid at all Audubon centers in Texas.
- Duration: 45 minutes to an hour
- One-year family membership
- Valid for two adults and all children in the household
- Free admission to all Audubon Texas Centers (located in Dallas, Cedar Hill and San Antonio)
- 10% discount in center gift shops
- Discounts on center programs
- Membership supports the center, hiking trails, and environmental science education in Texas
- Suitable for a party, shower, corporate retreat, meeting, or even a small wedding in a beautiful setting in Dallas County. Dogwood Canyon’s Trout Lily room features floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking an urban forest. The room accommodates up to 75 banquet-style or 100 theatre-style.
- Tables and chairs are provided
- Rental time includes set-up and clean-up
- Based on venue availability (Tuesday - Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Facility Rental Agreement must be signed to confirm rental date and time
- Refundable $200 security deposit is required on the day of the rental (cash or credit card)
- No alcohol is allowed
Need To Know
About Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center has established an environment to promote the well-being of plants and animals, while educating the public. The 200-acre nature habitat, not only protects wildlife but also teaches conservation efforts. From guided hikes to up close and personal interactions with the smallest falcon in North America, Dogwood Canyon offers an insightful opportunity to experience nature uninterrupted. During the Private Live Bird of Prey Encounter, guests receive a behind the scenes look at the American Kestrel. Throughout this experience participants examine the Kestrel's feathers, its eating habits, and even have the opportunity to hold the bird. What’s more, the forested nature preserve actively promotes education efforts to support canyon geology, native plants, and community science.