A well-maintained furnace is a better means of keeping warm than cuddling with a camp stove or flooding the den with chicken soup. Raise the Fahrenheit with this Groupon.
$79 for a Home Energy Audit Package ($526 Total Value)
Two–three hour home energy audit (a $425 value) Home energy savings kit (a $101 value)
- Two 23-watt cfl light bulbs (a $9 value)
- Three 13-watt cfl light bulbs (a $15 value)
- Two 1.5-gallon bathtub faucet aerators (a $3 value)
- One 1.5-gallon kitchen faucet aerator (a $4 value)
- One low-flow shower head (a $15 value)
- Labor for installation (a $55 value) For two to three hours, two experts survey home exteriors, then assess interiors with tools such as a blower door test, a thermal camera, and pressure tests for furnace ducts. Their results determine areas of air leakage and waste; the audit ends with recommendations for energy-consumption reduction. The experts will then install equipment from the energy savings kit as needed.
Dr. Energy Saver
Dr. Energy Saver Lansing’s team of energy experts criss-crosses Michigan, safeguarding homes against energy inefficiencies with a panoply of techniques. The organization specializes in installing new home insulation—in styles from cellulose to fiberglass—to replace old-style insulation, such as fur walls. Their ductwork-sealing and air-sealing packages prevent the air leakage and drafts that leave heated houses chilly, and each of their home treatments comes with a complimentary estimate.
Before investing in new insulation or air sealing, homeowners can opt for a diagnostic energy audit. Over several hours, auditors use blower door tests, thermal cameras, and pressure tests for furnace ducts to find areas of air leakage in homes, then suggest savvy heating measures more cost effective than setting your house aflame.
85% of 54 customers recommend
“Nice people, interesting information, bring solutions to help homeowners be more energy efficient”
“Professional, nice and easy to work with. Great price ,even without the groupon, and a better service than what the competitors were offering.”
“They did a very thorough audit, recommendations were well presented.”