Like a treadmill, a tank has treads that can be turned upside-down to create an extra-challenging treadmill. Get moving with today’s Groupon.
$239 for a tank-driving experience for one (a $429 value)
$469 for a tank-driving experience for two (an $858 value)
$899 for a tank-driving experience for four (a $1,716 value)
$1,699 for a tank-driving experience for eight (a $3,432 value)
- Each tank-driving experience includes the following:
- Safety-and-familiarization course
- Tank basics, history, and Q&A session
- Hands-on tour of vehicles
- Ride in historical military vehicle to Field Command headquarters
- Chance to drive a FV433 Abbot on a military-themed course
- Machine-gun-safety course
- Machine-gun-history Q&A
- Test-fire of WWII machine gun
- Each rider goes home with a commemorative DVD that includes images from the experience<p>
Each three- to four-hour tank-driving experience begins with an informational bonanza that covers the metallic beast’s physical makeup and history. After a safety-and-familiarization course, participants take a ride out to Field Command headquarters in a classic military transport vehicle. Students pop their heads up through the tank’s open hatch, which affords them excellent visibility of the wooded course’s obstacles and legions of marching squirrels. Having successfully negotiated peace with the course, tank jockeys ride back to the training facility, where they participate in firearm safety training and fire a WWII-era machine gun at the indoor range while an instructor stands ready to assist.
Our customers loved this deal last year, earning Drive A Tank a spot on Groupon’s Best of 2011 list.
Drive A Tank, Inc
Drive A Tank teaches civilians how to handle tanks by placing them at the controls of an FV433 Abbot tank. Comprehensive tank experiences include lessons on the history of its use, from World War I up to its present function as the vehicle of choice for the most aggressive holiday shoppers. During certain packages, tanksters complete their militaristic forays by test firing WWII-era weaponry or crushing cars beneath behemoth treads.