The Scots developed golf to irk common loch pests, like merats, locharoaches, and Nessie, who to this day rarely surfaces for fear of being beaned in the head by a well-aimed ball. Brush up on your monster-vexing skills with today's Groupon: for $65, you get a golf and fitness package (a $225 value) at Drive495, a private golf and fitness club in SoHo.
Drive495 is more than just an indoor golf course and more than just a gym. The facility consists of a two-story loft space, with video-simulated golf courses above and a swanky gym and café below. Today's golf and fitness package provides two weeks of unrestricted membership to this compact urban country club, including:
- full use of the fitness floor.
- one 30-minute private golf lesson, suited to all skill levels, that focuses on swing evaluation and drills from an experienced golfer.
- one hour per day to use the professional golf course simulators that replicate more than 40 famous courses, including Pebble Beach and Saint Andrews. The simulators produce a highly realistic reproduction, from trees and rocks to wind conditions and roving circuses. Includes balls and club.
- one 15-minute nutrition consultation that includes meal, supplement, and eating behavior recommendations.
- a seven-day trial of an online meal-planning program, with assistance and feedback from the nutritionist.
- 10% off additional training or golf lessons, or 20% off for five lessons.
The Drive facility is the height of posh luxury, with impeccably clean, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, gleaming restrooms, and golf simulators backed by soft white armchairs, flat-panel televisions, and relaxation-encouraging coffee tables. This package is ideal for golf lovers who don't have time for regular visits to traditional courses, as a well-outfitted Father's Day gift, or as a rare opportunity to slowly master a crippling phobia of putting greens.
- The spacious loft is divided into two parts. Downstairs: an elegant, state-of-the-art gym (complete with weights, machines, flat screens, steam rooms, and cafe). The upstairs is partitioned into studios with floor-to-ceiling videos that simulate real golf courses and climate conditions. Play a round at China’s Nine Dragons in the rain or tee up at Teeth of the Dog in Casa de Campo during a light fog. – Daily Candy
- City duffers tired of Chelsea Piers and unwilling to brave the LIE can tee off at Drive 495, a state-of-the-art gym and golf training center in Soho. In three simulators, clients play legendary courses from around the world while a team of swing doctors diagnose why they can’t avoid the water. – Time Out
- Drive's goal is to marry your lackluster physique to golf's exacting technique. – Thrillist
Drive495's instructors believe in holistic approach to fitness and wellness, which explains why the facility offers private- and semi-private training, group classes, golf lessons, nutrition and lifestyle coaching, and physical therapy all under one roof. Drive495 also places an emphasis on recovery, offering cryotherapy sessions that aim to elicit a natural healing response in the body using subzero temperatures to reduce inflammation, decrease pain, boost energy levels and metabolism, improve recovery times, and enhance athletic performance. During each three-minute session, guests spend 30 seconds inside an antechamber possibly cooled to -66 degrees Fahrenheit, then 2.5 minutes in a main chamber at -166 degrees Fahrenheit. Though the skin's surface temperature can drop by more than 30 degrees, the treatment's short duration keeps guests' core temperatures at normal levels. Drive495's unit comes from Impact Cryo, among the leading manufacturers and seller of cryosaunas in the United States.
New York, New York 10012-4457Get Directions