There are only two instances in which it’s legal to drive at 200 miles per hour: racing around a certified track and outrunning a 199-mile-per-hour construction horse. Satisfy your need for speed with today’s Groupon from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at the Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead. Choose between the following options:
- For $64, you get a four-lap shotgun stock-car ride-along experience (a $129 value).
- For $249, you get a 12-lap The Shootout racing experience (a $499 value). The Shootout participants may opt to add insurance for an extra fee ($60).</p>
Experiences are currently scheduled for the following dates:
- Wednesday, December 28, 2011
- Thursday, December 29, 2011
- Friday, December 30, 2011
- Friday, February 17, 2012
- Saturday, February 18, 2012
- Monday, February 20, 2012</p>
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience engages adrenaline glands with real-life rubber-burning packages, enjoyed on the Homestead-Miami Speedway’s paved oval track. With the shotgun ride-along, need-for-speeders can hop aboard an authentic NASCAR Car of Tomorrow and share four laps’ worth of in-the-action views with a professional driver. The Shootout racing experience allows participants to don a custom Oakley racing suit and tear around the 1.5-mile track’s 18- to 20-degree banked turns, just as a professional racer or ambitious afterhours janitor would. After 45 minutes of classroom instruction familiarizes soon-to-be drivers with the course’s corners, students get to take the wheel for 12 invigorating laps, leaving their hair mussed, their eyes bulged, and their torsos coated in corporate sponsorships.
1 Speedway Blvd.
Homestead, Florida 33035Get Directions