All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
A painstaking design process perfected the slick, modern martini glass, as earlier, watering can-shaped prototypes made several James Bond scenes awkward, messy, and fatal. Suavely sip from an easy-to-drink glass while munching on upscale bites with today's Groupon: for $10, you get $25 worth of small plates, bruschetta, martinis, and more at The Drop Bar and Bistro, located on Martini Corner in Union Hill.
The Drop combines upscale, contemporary cuisine with an armada's worth of wines, martinis, beers, and edible cocktails, the bar's apt terminology for edible cocktails. Like a battle tank firing cannons of harmless carbs, The Drop's signature bruschetta ($15 for four plates) barrages the mouth with flavorful warmth, combining ingredients such as apple, balsamic cream, and candied pecan on top of freshly grilled bread. Alt-appetizer fans can snack on Maryland crab cakes ($13) or skip to savory, meaty entrees, such as the smoked boneless pork chop and Yukon gold potatoes ($16). The Drop's specialty cocktail menu ($9 each) boasts a cornucopia of boozy concoctions, starting with the red-wine martini and the candy-like sour-grape cocktail. Those who prefer ingesting their drink to imbibing or inhaling it can order one of the trademark "drops" ($12 for three flavors, which change regularly), carefully crafted and artfully presented chew-worthy cocktails. The Godiva and Grand Mariner shots, as well as the mojito, shatter any previous conceptions of Jell-O shots as Winston Churchill's drink of choice with their deep, palatable tastes.
Patrons can bask in The Drop's classy but casual décor, fashioned from modern artwork, exposed brick, and a sparkly chandelier of upturned wine glasses. For rug-cutters, The Drop's video jukebox beckons with classic dance hits and cuts from New Kids On The Block's brilliant operetta, Vous Avez Le Right Stuff.
- Balance sweet with salty, soft with crunchy. Roast this. Fry up that. Add a sprig of dill or mint. A drop or two of truffle oil. And wow! Something pedestrian becomes something remarkable. – Lauren Chapin, Kansas City Star
- The Drop's new liquor concoctions are either really fancy Jell-O shots, the next big thing in avant-garde bartending or a proprietary secret. Perhaps all three. Trying to label them as a shot, a drink, or a solid does not suffice. The Drops, as they are called, are unlike any liquor vehicle I've ever tasted. – Owen Morris, The Pitch
- …overall, the food is crave-worthy, the drinks are well-made and fantastic, and the service is super. – Mookman, Urbanspoon
- …The Drop just provides that good atmosphere where you can kick it with some friends and have the fanciest jello shots of your life – Farah A., Yelp
- Great environment with out [sic] being too snooty. Try some of the bruschetta plates with some wine, or one of the many martinis to choose from. – Brian C., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 19, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person. Limit 1 per table, 2 per table of 5 or more. Dine-in only. Not valid with other offers. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.