On March 14, daylight savings will add a confusing 25th hour to every day until early November. Get a sneak peak of the 25-hour day with the entertainment overload of today’s deal: for $78, you get tickets and a wristband (valid March 5–8) that are good for:
- One upper-level ticket to see the Charlotte Bobcats take on the Golden State Warriors on March 6 at 7 p.m. at Time Warner Cable Arena ($45 value)
- One general-admission ticket to any one Southern Conference Game at Bojangles’ Coliseum March 5-6 or at Time Warner Cable Arena March 7-8 ($15 value)
- Shuttle ride from the EpiCentre to Bojangles’ Coliseum ($10 value)
- Waived admission fee (normally $10 each) to Mez, The Casbah, Mortimer’s, Suite, and Whisky River before 11 p.m. on March 5 and 6
- Free bowling shoe rental with game at Strike City Bowling
- Half-price appetizer at Black Finn
- Free outdoor concert at the EpiCentre on Friday, March 5, from 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
Your SoCon general-admission ticket, wristband, and Bobcats ticket will arrive in the mail. The whole package is worth up to $180, depending on the number of perks you choose to take advantage of.
This special bundle of joy was birthed especially for Groupon. It’s a great chance to spend pre-spring discovering new activities in and around Charlotte. Spread the fun over a few days, or jam-pack everything into a Saturday of madness—it’s up to you and whatever your magic eight ball dictates. Gather up a group of basketball fanatics for a ballin’ escape that stretches from the EpiCentre to the courts, or forge a great compromise with a significant other, whereby one person gets sports and the other gets night clubs, live music, and a foam-fingered high five of appreciation.
The Charlotte Observer lists Mez as one of 2009’s best new eateries, and four TripAdvisors give the restaurant and bar four owl eyes: > * Eclectic, urban, interesting: The EpiCentre got this one right. Klime Kovaceski’s food shows lots of influences and it’s varied enough for clientele who care about food. – Helen Schwab, Charlotte Observer > * The bar is loads of fun. It has a nice open feel, excellent for people watching (and being seen!) as folks go in/out of the theater. – brown_tk, TripAdvisor
Three Insider Pagers give Whisky River a solid four stars, saying: > * Fun, Upscale Dance Club in the heart of Uptown. I’ve been here a couple times and had a great time. There is a nice mix to the crowd and music and different areas to hang inside. You can dance the night away, hang at the bar and talk, try out the mechanical bull or stay in the VIP area. The staff is great, drink prices are reasonable and you are even catered to in the restrooms! – Renee W.