- $55 for one adult entry to the Chicago Eat Dirt Mud Run ($80 value)
- Saturday, September 27, at Willow Creek Community Church
- Main course open to runners ages 13+
- Heats begin at 9 a.m. and take off every half hour until 10:30 a.m.
- See the FAQ for what to expect on race day.
Eat Dirt Mud Run
Of the many 5K events held in the midwest, only one requires runners to sully themselves slipping down a mudslide. The annual Eat Dirt Mud Run sends thousands of runners through a grueling and characteristically muddy 5K landscape. The hosts have devised a one-lap course replete with slippery hill climbs, cargo nets, multiple mud pits, and fields of tires to challenge runners' endurance and grit. As adult participants—some donning costumes—sprint and stumble through the course, child runners can test their mettle in the Kids Mini Mud Run, in which competitors 6–12 traipse through a smaller, one-mile course. After concluding the race, runners rinse off at the course's wash station and can describe their thrilling journeys to fellow racers and earthworms they befriended during their muddy plunge.