What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Eddie's Grandma's Attic
Today's Groupon to Eddie's Attic gets you $25 worth of succulent small plates, burgers, and beer for $12 at the popular rooftop-grill component of this renowned music venue. Hit up the rooftop to grab dinner and drinks before slipping into the listening room for a show (Eddie's has featured many big acts, including the Indigo Girls, India.Arie, and the Black Crowes) or gather with your fellow groupies to gush about your favorite chords (E-minor is so 1993). Though your Groupon is not valid toward concert tickets, you don't have to go to a show to enjoy food, drinks, and harmonious conversation with friends beneath the stars.
The rooftop grill at Eddie's Attic is a spacious home for outcast smokers, music listeners and makers, and former Trivia Bowl captains. Beneath the covered rooftop patio, heaters and red wines keep patrons warm during the winter, and a cold brew quenches a lingering thirst during the summer. Gather with friends around a casual table full of small plates ($7.94 each, $20 for three). Try mouthwatering cream-cheese-stuffed mushrooms (battered in Sweetwater 420), Jack Daniels baked brie (with brown-sugar pecans and crostini), and green-tomato napoleon (with red-pepper jam and goat cheese), and wash it down with one of Eddie's seven draught beers. With beers like Stella Artois ($5.14), Guinness Stout ($5.14), Terrapin India Brown Ale ($5.14), and Yuengling ($4.21) on tap, and bottled offerings like Fat Tire New Belgium ($5.14) and Strongbow Dry Cider ($5.14), it's easy to find a cold brew to complement your meal, and six cold brews might even let you compliment your mother-in-law.
The menu features fresh and tantalizing twists on traditional bar foods, such as the attic burger (1/2 pound of beef with tomato, spinach, and crispy onion on an onion roll, $7.48) or a portobella burger (grilled jumbo caps, zucchini, mozzarella, roasted red pepper, mixed greens, tomato, and crispy onion, $7.48) with sweet potato fries ($4.21). Tempt your taste buds with a quesadilla (with pork or chicken, jack and cheddar cheeses, pico de gallo and sour cream, $7.48), or try one of the Attic's weekly specials (fish tacos with fried tilapia, napa cabbage, pico de gallo, and remoulade, $8.99). If you're after something lighter, try a crisp Thai salad (with napa cabbage, wontons, cucumbers, and sesame-mandarin dressing, $7) with a glass of wine by the glass ($7.01–$8.41).
Creative Loafing named Eddie's Attic the Best Acoustic Music Club:
- ...the sound system is engineered to perfection. Featuring a popular array of local and touring acts, as well as the always interesting Open Mike Shootout on Mondays, Eddie's is an institution in the Decatur scene. – Creative Loafing
- Great staff (john the bartender rocks!) and great food. the back patio is great for hanging out for a few drinks and the music acts they bring in weekly are stellar. – gr8fulance, Kudzu
- The menu is really good and having a cold one on the rooftop grill is enjoyable and relaxing. – kleinkak, Citysearch
- ...they have an awesome ouside [sic] patio with a bar so you can talk and hang out with your friends. Great staff and good food, I reccommend [sic] the sweet potato fries! – scjulieann, Citysearch
Eddie’s Grandma’s Attic
Eddie’s Attic is much, much more fun than Eddie’s Grandma’s Attic, which houses a jumble of wonders and antiquities long hidden from the sight of man. A complete list of these treasures would drive any sane person to turn themselves inside-out and crawl into the microwave, but here is a partial rundown:
- life-sized sculpture of Paul Harvey constructed from packets of Sweet’N Low
- authentic tape recording of Franklin Roosevelt cussing out a bird that took a piece of toast from his plate
- phosphorescent cats that have evolved to survive without sunlight
- 200 carnival kewpie dolls
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 28, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person, 1 per table. May purchase 3 additional as gifts. Valid for food and drink only. Tax & gratuity not included. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.