Local epicurean concierges from Edible Excursions, experts on the ever-changing San Francisco food scene, guide these tasty walking tours of the Ferry Building Marketplace and Farmers Market. Typical tastings include savories like salame and mortadella; organic cheese and fresh bread; farm-made fruit and vegetable tartlets; sweets like artisanal chocolates, French macarons, and more. You'll also have the opportunity to meet specialty producers at the Farmers Market, whose wares are also available to sample and purchase, and include pickles, preserves, chutneys and other delicious fresh items.
The San Francisco Ferry Building Marketplace and Farmers Market Tour includes local, seasonal tastes from artisans and farmers. Local epicurean concierges lead food lovers into the heart of of the Bay Area food scene for a culinary exploration that has San Franciscans buzzing about their city’s famous landmark in a whole new way. Witness for yourself the abundance and variety of fresh, organic products available for your enjoyment at the Marketplace and to take home. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Flavor experiences may include:
- Celebrity chef Chris Cosentino’s house cured fennel salame and freshly made mortadella at Boccalone Salumeria
- Decadent artisanal chocolates from Recchiuti Confections and Scharffen Berger where guests learn the difference between chocolatier and chocolate maker
- Award winning, organic cheese from Cowgirl Creamery
- Freshly baked Frog Hollow Farm tartlets made with seasonal fruits and vegetables grown on their farm in Brentwood, California
- The best French macarons in California from Miette Patisserie
- Acme Bread Company’s deliciously sweet and sour breads which so many local chefs prefer
Outside at the Farmer’s Market, your Epicurean Concierge will introduce you to specialty producers and tastes of their most luscious seasonal wares – fruits, pickles, preserves and chutneys, and savory pastries.
(Tour stops are subject to change based on availability.)
1 Sausalito - San Francisco Ferry Building
San Francisco, CA 94111Get Directions