All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed July 3, 2014
Reviewed April 17, 2012
Reviewed April 15, 2012
What You'll Get
The right blend of Mexican spices turns meals into fiestas and lures droves of grazing piñatas within the reach of a sturdy broomstick. Enjoy south-of-the-border zest with today's Groupon to El Barzon. Choose from the following options:
- For $40, you get dinner for two (up to an $82 total value), which includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to a $12 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $26 value each)
- Two house drinks including beer, wine, sangria, margaritas, cocktails, or sodas (up to a $9 value each)
- For $78, you get dinner for four (up to a $164 value), which includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $26 value each)
- Four house drinks including beer, wine, sangria, margaritas, cocktails, or sodas (up to a $9 value each)
- For $15, you get $30 worth of lunch fare.
In the restaurant which tied for Best Mexican Restaurant in 2009 by HOUR Detroit, head chef and owner Norberto Garita blends his Mexican heritage with experience in Italian kitchens to craft El Barzon's menus of Italian and Mexican dishes. Diners can embark on the culinary excursion with the zuppa di vongole brimming with clams and shrimp swimming in tomato broth ($12) and the chilies rellenos packed with beef or cheese and drizzled with homemade tomato sauce ($7). Ham and cheese snuggle like a knight and his chain-mail blanket inside a lightly breaded chicken breast in the pollo El Barzon ($16), and Mediterranean-imported sea bass rests under a layer of fresh herbs and garlic ($25). Guests can also sample classic international dishes such as homemade italian pastas ($12+) and mexican tortas ($5+).
Tiled flooring, exposed brick, and elegant tapestries adorn El Barzon's interior, inviting guests to linger with libations or pen best-selling salt-tank-aquarium maintenance manuals. Imported Mexican and Italian beers ($4+), mixed cocktails ($8+), and wine ($9) help wash down meals.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 22, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Top shelf drinks available for extra fee. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.