Today's deal gives foodies the pleasure of fine dining in a warm, welcoming atmosphere, while looking down on people and thinking of your blog about kittens and soup. For $35, you'll enjoy $70 worth of grilled gourmet cuisine and non-alcoholic drinks at Ember Grille, located within the Westin Hotel. As you wait for your food to arrive, you can enjoy a view of Uptown through the restaurant's floor-to-ceiling windows.
Favorites from Ember Grille's dinner menu include the filet mignon sizzling with chimmichurri butter and served with truffle macaroni and cheese ($38) and the bouillabaisse (mussels, clams, shrimp, and sea bass in saffron tomato broth, $28). But warm up your taste buds first with a seared foie gras starter ($12) or some butternut squash bisque ($10). Complete your repast with desserts that rework your favorite childhood junk foods into epicurean delights. The chocolate malted crème brûlée ($8) incorporates a tuille of whoppers and the chocolate souffle cake ($8) mixes cherry compote, cherry ice cream, and Dr. Pepper gelée. Today's Groupon doesn't cover alcohol, but if you want to imbibe, try one of Ember's admirable selection of cognacs.
If you don't eat dinner, stop by Ember for breakfast or lunch and indulge in buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit and Vermont maple syrup ($14) and a blueberry banana smoothie ($8), or a kobe burger topped with aged white cheddar and caramelized sliced onion ($14). One Groupon can be used for two people, so treat your best girl, your bestie, your daughter, your mom, or your dog walker to a fine-dining experience.
- Both service and food was really great. – OpenTable.com user who dined on 11/05/2009
- great food, great service and a great cordials list. I returned to give it a second chance and was suprised [sic] to find a completly diffrent [sic] menu – foodguy19688, Citysearch
- Awesome, quite, tasty, & romantic :) Get the Crab Cake appetizer!! – OpenTable.com user who dined on 9/25/2009
Known as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year and the sun’s annual day of rest. Here are some surefire shopping tips to help you survive the sunless mall-maelstrom unscathed:
- To increase visibility, reach for overstock shelves, and to intimidate other shoppers, employ your finest pair of running stilts.
- Most malls have two or three “secret” stores hidden behind the food court; try muscling your way through by feigning a baked-potato emergency.
- If your curious children discover that you’ve purchased them a coveted copy of the 1995 Rembrandts album LP, punish their inquisitiveness by mounting it on the wall of your study.
- Online shopping has never been more convenient thanks to websites such as Nopuorg.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
601 S College St
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202Get Directions