All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Update your baroque bouffant with today's Groupon to Emerson Salon, which gets you an expert style cut and shampoo for $15 (a $35 value). Whether you need a new 'do for your next album cover, or you want to make a good impression at a job interview for the album photographer position, Emerson Salon can give you a cut that's easy to care for and looks great even when you style it yourself.
Located in the Capitol Hill area, Emerson Salon has a fun and casual atmosphere, with rich wood interiors and large storefront windows. Watch the hustle and bustle of the city from the comfort of your chair as the masters of style give you the perfect look. Get the latest hair tips and happenings at Emerson Salon's website, and check out its stylist profiles and how-tos on YouTube.
Each of Emerson's stylists is a master hair shaman who knows how to snip, dye, and charm the most distraught bristles, frizzies, and Medusa head-snakes. They sense your innermost hair-yearnings, then direct their careful scissors in tune with your thoughts and dreams, letting their creative forces flow wildly onto your scalp for a haircut that revolutionizes the way you look in the mirror—inside and out. Afterward, in the streets, you might find that your magnificent mane busts the binds of its bowler hat and leaps into sunshine, dappling the dark alleyways of careless coiffeurs.
- Lancer Forney's haircuts look good even as they are growing out. He listens to what you want and makes it work. – JQE, Citysearch
- ...the best haircut I have ever had. It has grown in so nicely...the service was great. They were helpful, friendly, and not at all snooty. – Garrett F., Yelp
- ...look and feel of the place is all it's [sic] own...(I mean, who would have thought to create a STEAMPUNK-THEMED SALON?! GENIUS) – Kevin E., Yelp
Get-Out-of-Work Excuses That Give You The Haircut Time You Need
Often, we let hair grow past its desired length, simply because we don’t have the time to visit the stylist, barber, or friend Mike, who cuts hair for five dollars but doesn’t have the steadiest hand. Luckily, not having time to freshen up your follicles is no longer a problem, thanks to these can’t-miss get-out-of-work excuses that will get you out of the office and into the haircutting chamber:
- I don’t wish to speak out of turn, but my long-lost sister has been injured in a sudden train derailment. If I’m permitted premature leave from my post, I may be able to provide her the crucial leg transplant she so badly needs to continue her employment as an accomplished horse-riding lady.
- I just asked a girl on a date via Facebook and immediately regret it. Please let me leave work so that I have time to discover her address, sneak into her house, hack her Facebook password, delete the message I sent her, rummage through her bookshelf and read her books so I have something to talk with her about in person, replace her locks that I’ve smashed, hide in a local business near her house that she’s likely to pass by, spontaneously run into her, chat about the seemingly random books of hers that I just read, ignore any positive signs she might be sending me, chicken out and not ask for a date, fall into a mild depression, realize that You know what, I’m an alright guy, and work up the courage to ask her out via Facebook. Again.
- If I don’t leave work right now, they’re going to cancel Alf! (Only worked from 1986–1990)
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 2, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. By appointment only. Not valid with other offers. Gratuity not included. No cash value. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.