Calories are like autumn leaves—it’s better to burn more than you eat. Get fired up with this Groupon.
$19 for a Standup-Paddleboarding Fitness Class ($40 Value)
Choose from the following 1.5-hour classes:
At Fort Adams in Newport:
- Sunday, June 16, at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23, at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 17, at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, August 19, at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 17, at 9:30 a.m.<p>
At Hopkinton State Park in Hopkinton:
- Monday, June 17, at 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 24, at 6 p.m.
- Monday, July 22, at 9:30 a.m.<p>
At Lincoln Woods in Lincoln:
- Tuesday, June 18, at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 25, at 6 p.m.
- Monday, August 12, at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 10, 9:30 a.m.<p>
Classes are limited to 10 students and mix paddling and strength training, especially working the core area and testing the body’s sense of balance.
The instructors at EMS Schools traverse rocky, frozen, and watery terrain from New England down to Virginia, imparting people with their love of the outdoors along the way. Dating back more than 40 years, the EMS Climbing School teaches people of all ages about climbing through introductory classes and more advanced classes in self-rescue, alpine climbing, and glacier-skills classes. The watery wing of EMS's operation includes group tours and kayaking and standup-paddleboard lessons, which can help students enjoy these water-bound endeavors. The experienced and certified guides also offer hiking and skiing programs, and EMS Schools also helps organize family and school outings, summer camps, and company events.