All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- For $137, a one-night stay Sunday–Thursday in September or October in a Deluxe Townhouse or Deluxe or Superior Inn room in the 1811 House
- Or, for $137, a one-night stay Sunday–Thursday in November or December in a Deluxe Townhouse
</br>Included in all options:
- Resort fee<p>
Historical Resort in the Heart of the Vermont Countryside
A leisurely drive winds and twists along country roads, unveiling glimpses of brilliant fall foliage and undulating forest groves. Amid the lush landscape, a distinguished white structure suddenly bursts into view—the Inns at Equinox. Painstakingly restored to its full 18th-century splendor, it’s easy to imagine previous guests Presidents Ulysses S. Grant and Theodore Roosevelt settled into one of the rocking chairs on the front porch. Today, the pet-friendly AAA Four Diamond resort manages to look at once cozy and stately.
After checking in, travelers wend their way to a room in one of two buildings. Formerly the home of Abraham Lincoln’s granddaughter, the 1811 House instantly transports guests back in time with its 13 tucked-away Deluxe or Superior rooms, each with a distinct personality shaped by authentic antiques, private porches, and original artwork. The Townhomes’ Deluxe queen rooms boast walk-out patios and plush beds framed by sweeping views of the nearby mountains. Rooms in both the 1811 House and the Townhomes surround voyagers with history and proffer up modern amenities such as in-room WiFi and flat-screen TVs.
Unfurling around the resort, 1,300 wooded acres teem with opportunities for both leisurely and active pursuits, including numerous hiking trails. Golfers tee off beneath rolling mountain scenery at every turn at a challenging, on-site, 18-hole golf course, and curious types can learn new skills such as off-roading, fly-fishing, or falconry at experience schools attached to the hotel. The resort’s spa plays host to a shimmering, 75-foot, heated turquoise pool and an elaborate fitness center, from which lodgers can look out onto the grounds and catch occasional glimpses of the ghost of Richard Simmons.
Manchester Village, Vermont: Quaint Town with Breathtaking Scenery
The Equinox situates between Vermont’s Green and Taconic Mountains in quaint downtown Manchester Village. An expansive independent bookstore and several charming restaurants serving local, sustainable eats are among the town’s unexpected gems. Those looking to venture off the beaten path can check out maple-sugaring techniques in the countryside or hunt down the brilliant-hued fall leaves on themed tours guided by natives of the area.
Our Recommendations For Your Getaway
- The British School of Falconry<p> Located inside the resort, this hands-on school offers lessons in the ancient art of falconry, in which students learn to interact with and fly magnificent trained hawks.</p>
- Northshire Bookstore<p> Popular, award-winning independent bookstore houses a café and enormous section of children’s literature, and regularly hosts author events.</p>
- Backroad Discovery Tours<p> A local guide drives groups of six or eight away from touristy areas and into the heart southern Vermont to get a closer look at everything from maple sugaring to fall foliage.</p>
- The Perfect Wife Restaurant & Tavern<p> Using local Vermont ingredients whenever possible, this upscale yet casual eatery serves creative American dishes in a charming, white wooden farmhouse with a glass-enclosed greenhouse garden room.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Must book by 10/31. Must travel by 10/31 for Sept. and Oct. option. Must travel by 12/23 for Nov. and Dec. options. Not valid 9/4, 9/14, 10/9, or 11/24. 1811 House closed 11/1-12/23. Limit 3/per person, may buy 2 add'l as gifts. Limit 3 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. 21 day cancellation notice req'd or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Subject to availability. 10% occupancy tax not included. Must be 18 or older to check in. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.