Cowboys invented the handlebar mustache so they’d always have somewhere to hang their hats. Save yourself the grooming time and hang your stetson at the stately Inn at Spiess Harbor with today’s Groupon to Erie Islands Resort & Marina in Port Clinton. Choose between the following options:
- For $69, you get a three-day, two-night weekday stay package from Wednesday–Friday (up to a $225.75 total value). Room upgrades are available at an additional cost. The package includes:
- Three days and two nights at the resort (a $178 value)
- Complimentary wine-and-cheese reception on Wednesday
- A candlelit dinner for two on Thursday, including two entrees (up to a $14.95 value each), two desserts (up to a $3.95 value each), and a bottle of wine (a $9.95 value)<p>
- For $99, you get a three-day, two-night weekend stay package from Friday through Sunday (up to a $345.75 total value). Room upgrades are available at an additional cost. The package includes:
- Three days and two nights at the resort (a $298 value)
- Complimentary wine-and-cheese reception on Friday
- A candlelit dinner for two on Saturday, including two entrees (up to a $14.95 value each), two desserts (up to a $3.95 value each), and a bottle of wine (a $9.95 value)<p>
The friendly staff at Erie Islands Resort & Marina spoils visitors inside the newly renovated, Victorian-style Inn at Spiess Harbor with dedicated service and views of a scenic marina. Guests settle into their choice of a standard or large unit depending on availability, 20 of which overlook the waterfront, and sprawl across either two luxurious queen beds or one king-size cushion. Art and sculpture adorn the walls of the spacious rooms, which boast huge windows to welcome natural light, plush carpets to pamper toes, and soft easy chairs to cosset wayward pocket change. Complimentary WiFi access, a coffeemaker, and a microwave serve as everyday amenities in each room, and seasonal flower arrangements adorn marble vanities in the sterling bathrooms.
An elegant wine-and-cheese reception greets guests on their first night, and a complimentary breakfast silences grumbling abdominal alarm clocks each morning. Final evenings bid a flavorful farewell accented with a bottle of wine as boarders feast on a candlelit dinner of chicken, ribs, or pasta, followed by an indulgent slice of cheesecake. Between check-in and check-out, resort amenities invite vacationers to paddle canoes through the marina or lope through the recreation center’s steam room while reenacting scenes from Gorillas in the Mist. Off-site, area attractions beckon visitors for day-trips. Exotic creatures roam at the drive-thru African Safari Wildlife Park, roller coasters thrill visitors at Challenge Park, and the 1847 birthplace of Thomas Edison showcases the inventor’s work, such as the light bulb or steam-powered flashlight.
Erie Islands Resort & Marina
Erie Islands Resort & Marina spreads across 400 idyllic acres on Lake Erie's shores. The sprawling retreat encompasses three different types of accommodations. At the newly renovated, Victorian–style Inn at Spiess Harbor, eye-catching sculptures decorate spacious rooms outfitted with soft easy chairs and huge windows overlooking a picturesque marina. Seasonal flower arrangements adorn marble vanities in the sterling bathrooms. Contemporary cottages feature open cathedral ceilings and fully stocked kitchens.
Between check-in and check-out, vacationers can paddle canoes or lope through the 15,000 square-foot recreation center, including lounging in the steam room while reenacting scenes from Gorillas in the Mist. Among nearby attractions that make for excellent day trips are an indoor waterpark, a casino, and an on-site ice-skating rink and cross-country skiing.
4495 W Darr-Hopfinger Rd.
Port Clinton, Ohio 43452