For $12, today’s side deal gets you get a four-disc audio scrapbook of Ernie Harwell's greatest baseball moments (a $24.79 value). Shipping and handling are included.
- Hall of Fame baseball announcer recounts memories from his seven decades of baseball
- Covered more than 8,000 professional baseball games
- Famous for the phrases "two for the price of one" and "loooong gone!"
- Features interviews with Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, and Yogi Berra
- Deal includes audio scrapbook (normally $19.84) and shipping and handling ($4.95)
- I’ve never been a huge fan of audiobooks [sic]. If given the choice between sitting down and reading a book or listening to a book on CD, I’d normally opt for print. For once though, I’ve found an exception. – Brian Borawski, Hardball Times
- Unlike some announcers in recent decades, Harwell didn't litter his broadcasts with shouting, excessive talking or all-knowing pronouncements about players and managers. Listening to him was as pleasant as being at Tiger Stadium in the summertime. As he fell silent between pitches, listeners got to hear the sounds of the ballpark — the crowd's buzz, the vendor's cry — and absorb the rhythm of the game. – John Lowe, Detroit Free Press