They say that an enemy is just a friend you haven't spent a day at the spa with yet. Heal ancient rivalries with today's Groupon. For $45, you get $90 worth of services at Eshe Day Spa and Salon. This swanky Michigan Avenue spa and salon offers a bevy of game-changing pampering packages, from citrus-scented manicures to maritime massages.
With more than 25 years of experience and 4,000 square feet of space, Eshe is fully equipped for indulgence. Soak up views of bizarre Matthew Barney performance pieces in Millennium Park while kicking back with a beverage and aromatic foot soak before your treatments begin. Toasty linens coax skin into softness during the hour-long Aromatic Herbal Linen Wrap ($115), a detoxifying treatment that starts with a dry exfoliation followed by a heated cocooning. Other body-pampering services include a rosemary-mint awakening wrap ($100), Aveda-based body-elixir treatment (featuring a five-headed Vichy shower) ($100), and mineral back sloughing and massage ($90). The spa also offers a variety of massages including cranberry almond ($185) and a rain shower, which uses both hand and water massage ($110).
Most of Eshe's facials feature Dermalogica skincare products. Upgrade from the customized face treatment (designed for each client, $90) with an eye rescue, lip renewal, anti-aging age smart, or other add-on ($30). Facials start at $60 for a 30-minute X-Press treatment. Waxing, nail, and men's services are also available, along with complimentary advice on reducing your carbon footprint. Eshe's boasts the product power of Aveda and features a full menu of hair services including basic cuts ($30 and up), moisturizing masks ($10), and up-dos ($57 and up). The upscale pampering space is open six days a week; call ahead to schedule an appointment.
This Groupon is good for any service that Eshe offers but is not redeemable for products.
Find a Chicago massage.
Time Out Chicago likes Eshe Day Spa and Salon's laid-back atmosphere:
- Complimentary snacks and cocoa, a foot soak with every treatment, and a personal welcome from owner and nine-year industry veteran Audrie Mumphery are a few of the little details that make this second-floor, 4,000-square-foot spa feel more like a friend’s apartment than a busy Loop business. – Time Out Chicago
- I have been to many spas around Chicago and I go to them any time I travel so I have seen all kinds of places. But for me this was truly a gem in the city. Every one from the front desk to the person I saw cleaning was helpful and friendly… I had a wonderful massage and a pedicure where they tell you how they sanitized the equipment great – odessasgirl1, Citysearch
- In a time like this every dollar that I spend now is important to me. Spas have been a great source of relaxation and stress relief for me. I came to Eshe really stressed from work and really needed some me time and I got it from the time I walked in someone was looking after me (Thank You!) I was greeted immediately, offered something to drink and went in to the relaxation area to begin my experience, I had a facial…and I must say it was one of the best I have ever had and the extras were fab. like the foot soak before and the warm towel thing she did during the facial. I thought the place was beautiful and very nice I will visit regularly because I like being treated well. – laurenM, SpaFinder
Eshe Day Spa and Salon
- Designer haircuts and conditioning and coloring with Aveda products
- Nine customized facials with Dermalogica and Aveda skincare products
- Seven massage therapies with additional flourishes such as warm oil and hot scented towels
- Spa packages tailored to wedding-day pampering, male clients, couples, or detoxification
Who They Are
Rather than a handshake or an elaborate welcome dance, the staff at Eshe Day Spa and Salon greet each guest with a smile, an aromatic foot soak, and a mug of herbal tea or a glass of water. Though the spa—where staff perform services ranging from aromatic facials and body treatments to natural microdermabrasion—remains calm and quiet, the hair salon teems with bubbly conversation and laughter. As they chatter with clients, the stylists use Aveda haircare products to repair signs of breakage, reduce dandruff, and restore shine.
8 S Michigan Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60603Get Directions