Showing up in the same outfit as someone else is always awkward, especially if that person is Lisa Kudrow. You wish you had the well-trained eye needed to sift through thrift stores for something original to wear, but you fused your eyelids together to avoid looking at Internet pop-up ads. Today’s Groupon relieves you from your sartorial struggles: for $40 you get $80 worth of clothing at Eskell, a well-edited women’s clothing and accessories boutique located in the heart of Wicker Park.
The shop is owned by Kelly Whitesell and Elizabeth Del Castillo, high-school BFFs who design the store’s namesake clothing line and eat the same lunch every day. Everything about the store reflects the ladies' love of vintage: antique postcards and antlers decorate the walls and their girly, one-of-a-kind pieces fill the racks. Alongside Eskell’s girly rompers and pretty day dresses, you’ll score pieces by hard-to-find labels including Mink Pink, Judi Rosen, and American Retro, as well as a small but spot-on selection of accessories. Shoppers lacking the ability to dig for vintage treasures will appreciate the store’s section of quality thrifted pieces.
To get you even more excited, the boutique is celebrating its fourth anniversary on September 12 with a DJ, cocktails, and exclusive Eskell styles.
- Eskell is a dream, it is owned by two super cute girls who have great style and a clear point of view. You will find a lot of great American designers in this shop, all of which are treasures and unqiue [sic] pieces. – Ryan P.
- Supporting local designers is always fun, especially when the designers are as talented as Kelly and Elizabeth! – Andrea R..
- This place is so adorable! Pretty, unique clothing and jewelry. It’s a great addition to the neighborhood! – Valerie A.
Spend Your Groupon Savings
Forty dollars is a lot of money to save in today’s economy. Here are some items you can splurge on with the money you’ll save with today’s Groupon:
- Forty items at the Dollar Tree, or one item at the Forty Dollar Tree
- Electrification upgrade for fence
- Family of older ferrets
- Some used glass
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.