For $50, you get $110 worth of salon and spa services from Essence on NE 80th Street.
- Environmentally friendly salon, offering traditional salon and spa services with a modern, creative twist
- Say farewell to brow ($25), lip ($15), and nose ($5) follicles with the sugaring treatment, a natural and gentle hair removal method (also valid for all other body areas)
- Relax and hydrate skin with a body wrap ($125)
- Good toward haircuts ($45 for adults, $18 for children) and color treatments ($60 for single color, $100 for full foil)
- Friendly, experienced staff
Not valid for facials or permanent make-up treatments.
Essence is currently in the running for Best Hair Salon in Western Washington according to King5 voters, who give the salon five stars on average. Six Yelpers also give it a full five-star average, and three Insider Pagers give it four on average:
- I have always received beautiful cuts and color at Essence; the atmosphere in the salon is very relaxing and peaceful as well. The best part about the salon is the owner, Cherie, who is very accommodating when it comes to late evening appts. and scheduling via email! – Jennifer F., Yelp
- This is a great salon with wonderful retail art work by Seattle artists. Cherie hosts events for her clients and keeps up on the latest hair cutting and beauty trends. Essense [sic] is an up and coming salon in the Northwest. – Julie H., King5 voter
The stylists at Essence have clients covered whether they want an elaborate updo for a wedding or prom or simply a quick deep conditioning to keep their locks healthy and strong. To put the finishing touches on clients' looks, the salon can even remove hair from the face and body with the gentle sugaring technique or perform eyelash tinting and pro-level makeup applications.