|_Jump to: Reviews||Prenatal Pampering_|
Melt your cares into a soft, warm pool of happiness with today’s transcendental deal: $45 gets you a healing, invigorating hourlong massage at Essential Bodywork and Massage, a $90 value. Ease your muscles and soothe your troubled soul with gentle, healing treatments by Essential’s dedicated therapists, who all specialize in a wide variety of massage and bodywork techniques.
- Swedish: Melt your muscles like beeswax, erase tension, improve blood flow, and awaken the lymphatic system.
- Deep Tissue: Give your body a break and surrender to an hour of deliberate strokes and direct muscle grain pressure; much like the grain that becomes oatmeal, you too will emerge as a yielding mush.
- Shiatsu: A needleless way to reap the benefits of Chinese acupuncture by awakening the body’s energy meridians.
- Foot Reflexology Massage: De-stress your soles with this foot-focused treatment designed to ease pain and encourage relaxation since the average person takes 3,000 to 5,000 steps a day.
- Pregnancy Massage: Massage away the back pain that stems from carrying a person in your body, whom I think we should call David Gregory, but we don’t have to decide that right now.
- Myofascial Release Massage: Release and heal your fascia, the supportive web running through the body. Both fascia and muscle tissues can become shortened if they are improperly used or holding tension. This technique coaxes muscles to relax by the application of gentle traction, pressure, and positioning.
- Reiki: Boost and circulate your vital life force with this gentle, hands-on technique. Reiki energizes the body and promotes healing and wholeness.
There’s no need to choose just one method for your visit; the mindful massage therapists at Essential combine techniques for the most effective treatment after an individual consultation with you. Essential always has two therapists on duty, so buy two Groupons and bring along your stressed-out friend, saddle-sore jockey, or melancholy mail carrier.
More than 20 Citysearchers rave about the relaxing treatments they’ve received at Essential Bodywork, giving it five stars: > * As a Chiropractor in Lexington, I find that some of my patients greatly benefit from having massage therapy in conjunction with their treatment in my office. I refer patients to Essential Bodywork and Massage, and they greatly enjoy the massages they receive by the knowledgeable therapists there. – susaneconleydc > * Brenda, the therapist, was the epitome of professionalism and skill. I have never seen my girlfriend so relaxed after a massage! I would recommend this place to all my friends. – rajivrdoshi > * I run a Personal Chef service, and find that cooking for 6+ hours a day makes me incredibly tight in the neck and shoulders. The therapists at EBM know exactly what to do for me when I walk in the door. It’s like visiting a friend who is there to provide comfort and relief. – chefmary
Essential Bodywork’s Pregnancy Massage is a great treat for moms-to-be, but, after recording a steadying of heartbeats and a 13% increase in uterine jazz levels, Groupon Relaxologists theorize that the massage is also soothing for the baby. If your fetus has earned a treat-us, consider these other amenities for the unborn:
- Let your unborn child get in on the Cinco de Mayo fun by taping a festive sombrero to your belly.
- Take in the sublime melancholy of Picasso’s seminal Blue Period piece, The Old Guitarist. Remember, you’re looking at art for two now!
- Hold a light up to your stomach and entertain your expected arrival with a shadow puppet retelling of The Canterbury Tales.
- Make your baby feel adventurous by decorating your stomach with a washable, dotted-line treasure map in magic marker. Steer clear of glitter, as it is known to cause hyper-intelligence in developing infants.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
846 Massachusetts Ave
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421Get Directions