What You Get
- $25 for $40 worth of New American dinner cuisine for two
- See the menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal.
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation.
- Select day and time online to secure reservation.
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
After graduating from college with a degree in English literature, Amy McCray received a gag gift from her father: a spatula that she could use to flip burgers while searching for jobs in her field of study. Amy ran with the joke. She attended culinary school and worked her way up through various kitchens' ranks before opening Eva Restaurant with her husband, James Hondros, in 2001.
Chef McCray's job still involves analyzing structure and composition, albeit in the form of the flavor combinations instead of literature. Her creative menu of refined New American cuisine regularly incorporates classical French, Mediterranean, and South Asian influences. Although she occasionally looks abroad for new ideas, her major sources of inspiration are the vibrant produce and all-natural meats available locally.
What the Experts Say
- Seattle Met: "In this sunny homespun corner of Wallingford, lined with windows and filled with folks who come as they are, pristine seasonal ingredients are whipped into smart, deeply flavorful preparations, crafted with a sly streak..."
- Seattle Times: "Food this good should not suffer anonymity, and Eva is too modestly priced to relegate to Saturday night - or only on special occasions."
- Seattle: "Chef Amy McCray’s Green Lake hideaway begs for dinner daters, and her menu of seasonally eclectic dishes includes the best lamb burger in town and the utterly delicious Cabrales flan."
- Stranger: "A mostly-unsung heroine of Seattle dining, Eva is a very good, very comfortable restaurant that Green Lake’s Tangletown is lucky to have."
- Zagat: scored the menu as "very good to excellent"
A Wine for Every Dish
Chef McCray's husband, James, assumed the responsibility of creating Eva Restaurant's eclectic, yet accessible wine list. Familiar wines made from Columbia Valley grapes appear alongside bottles from France, Italy, Spain, Austria, and even Greece. To help simplify diners' search for the perfect wine served by the bottle, glass, or water balloon, the restaurant's menu also features a seasonally rotating list of the staff's favorite wines.