All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $12 for a tour for 2 people ($20 value)
- $22 for a tour for 4 people ($40 value)
- $30 for a tour for 5-10 people ($50 value)
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required for tours of 5 or more. Please visit website for schedule of events. Subject to availability. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Evanston History Center
The Evanston History Center covers the history of the city of Evanston—but with roots going back nearly 120 years, the Center almost deserves a historical society of its own. It's headquartered in the National Landmark home of Charles Gates Dawes, the Vice President under Calvin Coolidge. In addition to the physical building and the collection of art and artifacts, the Center also leads walking architecture tours, music performances, and ice cream socials.
- Size: six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, 11 fireplaces, two parlors, a library, a dining room, a billiard room, and a ballroom, though it doesn't have a virtual golf center
- Eye Catcher: the house itself: a 3.5-story chateau that visitors can explore on docent-led tours every Thursday through Sunday
- Permanent Mainstay: Milestones and Memories, a second-floor exhibit featuring such artifacts as a surgeon's case, and paintings from several centuries throughout the house
- Don't Miss: live events, such as a lecture series on the role of WWI in the history of the city, holiday parties and ice cream socials, and walking tours exploring architecture, the lakefront, and women's history