Whether you wiggle or waltz, glide or grind, today’s Groupon is right on pointe (one of five known dance puns). For $20, you get four ladies-only dance classes of your choice at Express MiE Dance Fitness, a $60 value.
If you shy away from shaking it outside the comfort of your bedroom or holodome, this four-pack of classes is designed for you. The girls-only facility aims to boost confidence and raise heart rates with an array of 45-minute esteem-building classes. Left-footed ladies can develop their dance-floor skills with I Could Have Danced All Night, or get some guidance in good grace with Tu-Tu for You. Classes are available six days a week at a variety of times, so you’ll have no trouble finding a suitable style. Click here to see their schedule.
Dancing tones your muscles, improves your posture, and is a fun alternative to digging a hole for an in-ground pool. Challenge yourself to learn a new style, such as Bollywood or salsa; join a fitness-centric dance class such as GI Jane (a sexy dance boot camp) or Ooh-la-la Cardio (a sexy dance fitness class); or just grab your girlfriends and hit the barre (another of the five known dance puns). This Groupon does not include pole-dancing classes.
Note: You must complete all four classes within 90 days.
- I hate to exercise - period - but Express MiE really makes it so much fun that I keep coming back for more and have really toned up a lot because of it. – Jessica F.
- Coming from a self-proclaimed "non-dancer"...I had a blast! Christie and the other teachers understand the "first timer" jitters, and have you forgetting about them in no time. – Bobbie B.
- This place is so much FUN, I'm becoming a dance-aholic and I'm ok with that! – Rachel G.
Groupon’s Favorite Dance Flicks
If you’re a dance-class beginner who’s nervous about signing up for your first class, here’s a tip to get rid of your butterflies: Picture yourself as the main character of your favorite dance movie. Here are Groupon’s favorite dance films of all time:
- Hip-Hop-arella and The Seven Krunks
- Battledancers VI: Escape From the Gorilla Dome
- Save the Last Dance 2: To Save the Last Dance Too
- Dance Battle for Afghanistan
- National Governors Association, The Movie: One Chance To Dance
Dance can be healing. Studio founder Christie knows this better than anyone, having turned to sensual dance as an outlet after being diagnosed with a brain tumor. Her newfound practice not only set her on a healthier path, it also made her feel more confident and feminine as well. She was hooked, and opened Express MiE to share that same feeling with other women.
Today, Christie and her staff start each of Express MiE’s sultry fitness classes with a guided meditation. That’s because the studio prioritizes finding and trusting inner beauty over learning snazzy pole tricks. And while the moves are certainly sensual, they’re inspired less by the promiscuity of romance novels or flirtatious barbershop poles than by techniques from ballet, ballroom, and belly dancing. This winning combination led the Phoenix New Times to name the studio Best Place to Learn to Pole Dance in 2010, noting that the instructors “are serious about developing core strength and six-pack abs by wrapping and gyrating around poles and cheering each other on.”
6448 S Mc Clintock Dr
Tempe, Arizona 85283Get Directions