Safe & timed course summons teenagers and adults 14+ to dig dirt
About This Deal
- Equipped with bright-orange vests and hands-free headsets, participants step inside climate-controlled cabs for 60-minute adventures through a timed and challenging obstacle course. Drivers deftly slalom through serpentine cones, dig up dirt, and shove around oversize tractor tires with simple flicks of the wrist.
- Available equipment: excavator, bulldozer, or wheel loader
- Where you’ll drive:
- Extreme Sandbox – N Texas (Sachse, TX): New 11-acre Texas Sandbox opened in October 2020 in the NE Dallas Metroplex with meeting and event space available
- Extreme Sandbox – Minnesota (Hastings, MN): original 10-acre Minnesota Sandbox opened April 2012 with 6200 square feet facility with meeting space
- Age restrictions: must be 14 or older
- Driver requirements: none
- Must participate in the safety briefing
- What’s included in Classic Sandbox Experience: 20-30 minutes of instruction and 60 minutes of equipment use with an obstacle course
- What to wear: closed toe shoes
- Lessons included? yes
Need To Know
About Extreme Sandbox
Spread across 10 acres of beige grains, Extreme Sandbox invites patrons to re-explore the art of playing in dirt from behind the wheels of heavy construction vehicles all year round. Participants 14 and older learn from highly trained instructors before stepping behind the earth-tilling instrumentation. Although most guests are first-timers, Extreme Sandbox’s obstacle course can be customized.
Individual packages for solo drivers include one to seven hours with the iron-plated warhorses, and group packages for up to 50 guests last two to eight hours. The oversize sandbox features indoor and outdoor observation areas from which family and friends can watch as loved ones create unforgettable impressions on memories and topsoil, in this new state-of-the-art training facility. Extreme Sandbox continues earn press accolades and a leave lasting impression on its guests, who voted it the #1 tourist attraction in Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul on Tripadvisor. Its climate-controlled equipment makes it a friendly place to play in sand or snow.