Choose from Four Options
- $19 for admission for two adults and two children to the museum and planetarium (a $40 value)
- $12 for admission for two adults and two children to the museum (a $25 value)
- $9 for admission for two adults to the museum (a $18 value)
- $15 for admission for two adults to the museum and two planetarium shows (a $30 value)
Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
The Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium instills a sense of wonder in the natural world, from the creatures that dwell on the ocean floor to the planets and galaxies circling overhead. Set in a classic Victorian building, the museum traverses this vast backdrop of knowledge with a full planetarium, hands-on experiments, and multiple floors of natural science exhibits.
- Vast collection: 75,000 natural specimens include mounted birds, mammals, and fossils; there are also 95,000 historical artifacts such as weapons and toys.
- Eye catcher: Nine "bug art" mosaics showcase geometric patterns and portraits using thousands of beetles, moths, and butterflies.
- Full habitat dioramas feature lifelike displays of the extinct passenger pigeon, underwater corals, and more.
- Don't miss: Planetarium shows light up the building's dome with a tour of the cosmos and an exploration of visible stars, planets, and constellations.
- Special programs: Guided walks take families to local wetlands, fields, and forests to learn more about plants, wildflowers, and moths in their natural habitats.