As the saying goes, in wine there is truth, which is why most interrogations take place over candlelit dinners. Enjoy some light conversation with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $59 for a 2.5-hour wine experience and lunch for one (a $112 value)
- $109 for a 2.5-hour wine experience and lunch for two (a $224 value)
- $199 for a 2.5-hour wine experience and lunch for four (a $448 value)
Each package includes, per person:
- Educational tour of the vineyard and wine production area, with info on the winery's grape-growing and wine-making techniques. Stops include the crush pad, barrel room, and the wraparound rustic porch set atop a 1,500-foot hill.
- A tasting of five pre-selected Falkner wines during the tour
- A tasting of one Private Selection Falkner Wine in the VIP Room
- A three-course Mediterranean lunch at the winery's award-winning eatery, Pinnacle Restaurant, including a glass of wine each. Air-conditioned indoor seating along with outdoor balcony seating is available.
- Souvenir logo glass
Situated at the crest of a 1,500-foot hill, the Falkner Winery overlooks the lush Temecula Valley. However, the view isn't the main attraction—it's a backdrop for the vineyard and its award-winning wines. The winery team grows the grapes themselves on their land, using viticulture practices they explain on informational tours. The grapes are then transformed on-site into their fleet of red and white wines as well as their smooth port, with most of the red wines aged at least three years to allow for an impeccably drinkable vintage. Their handiwork leads to some complex whites and reds, which visitors can sample at tastings, rather just waiting for bottles to give birth to sample-size vials.
The very drinkable wines also help complement the flavors in Mediterranean plates at the on-site restaurant, The Pinnacle. Its name is no empty brag—for the past seven years, 2013 included, it won Inland Empire Magazine's Best Restaurant award. The team—helmed by executive chef Gianni Ciciliot—prepare everything from Spanish braised octopus to wild mushroom and grilled chicken pasta and seafood-stuffed canneloni.