Team of geneticists test swabs for DNA to determine your ancestry and create a timeline of your ethnic and geographic origins
What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption. See voucher for more information.
- Family Finder DNA Ancestry Test provides advanced interactive tools to help find your DNA matches, trace your lineage through time, and determine family connections. The following tools are included:
- myOrigins – a visual mapping tool that provides a detailed ethnic and geographic breakdown of where your ancestors came from
- ancientOrigins – a feature that maps your deep ancestral origins and migrations, and shows your DNA relation to various ancient European migratory groups
- Family Matching – an advanced feature that enables users to sort confirmed DNA matches by maternal and paternal lines
- Chromosome Browser – robust tool for comparing matching segments of DNA (blocks) with your genetic matches
The Family Finder DNA Ancestry Test can help customers gain insight and find unknown relatives within the last five generations. Joining Family Finder’s DNA databases can also help improve matches for yourself and others.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 4 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Upon redemption on merchant's site, customers pay $12.95 for shipping which covers shipment of kit from merchant and shipping back to merchant and an additional $1 promotional fee. Return shipping is not covered for orders outside the US. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Family Tree DNA
Family Tree DNA wants you to know where you came from. That's why the company of geneticists tests swabs of your DNA in their lab, pinpointing everything from specific ancestors from the mother's and father's side to percentages of ethnic makeup. Read on to learn more:
- It's easy. Use the two cotton "toothed" swabs from the lab to scrape the inside of your cheek, then mail the samples to back to the lab.
- Don't speak genetics? No problem. Just head to Family Tree DNA's glossary of terms to learn the meanings behind autosomal DNA, chromatid, mitochondria, and Western Atlantic modal haplotype.
- Family Tree DNA is connected with National Geographic’s Genographic Project. In fact, the company is the testing partner for the project and can find new matches for free if clients transfer their Genographic Project DNA to Family Tree.