What You'll Get
- Where their name comes from: Virginia Woolf's "The Mark on the Wall"
- Where their sound comes from: the '90s indie underground that birthed bands such as Built to Spill and Pavement—plus the contained chaos of Isaac Brock's vocals
- Their indie-rock classics: Pacific Northwest travelogue The Lonesome Crowded West and cosmic odyssey The Moon & Antarctica
- Their platinum-selling mainstream breakthrough: 2004's Good News for People Who Love Bad News, featuring the single "Float On"
- Famous musicians to hop aboard the Modest Mouse boat: The Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr joined the band for their 2007 album, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, and The Shins frontman James Mercer contributed to that album's single, "Missed the Boat"
- What to expect: "Doin' the Cockroach," "3rd Planet," and other cuts for long-time fans, plus new tracks from 2015's Strangers to Ourselves, which AllMusic.com describes as bouncing between "stylized eccentricity and streamlined strangeness, stopping occasionally to soak in a scenic, dreamy view."
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 26, 2017. ALL SALES FINAL. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. FanXchange Terms and Conditions apply. Groupon Extraordinary Event Policy does not apply. Contact FanXchange at email@example.com with questions. Review event location before purchase (games/events listed may take place in other cities). Price listed is the lowest available price at the time tickets are made available via Groupon. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.