What You'll Get
- Who they are: bluegrass superstars Chris Thile, Paul Kowert, Chris Eldridge, Noam Pikelny, and Gabe Witcher
- How they came to be: when Thile's Grammy-winning band Nickel Creek took an indefinite hiatus in 2007, he brought this dream-team together. Then he won a MacArthur Genius Grant.
- How they got their name: it comes from a short story by someone called "Mark Twain"
- So they aren't actually brothers?: Only in music
- Essential tracks: "The Blind Leading the Blind," a 40-minute, four-part suite; the unexpectedly poppy and plaintive "This Girl"; the appropriately rollicking "Rye Whiskey"
- Unexpected track: a cover of Radiohead's "Kid A"
- Where you've heard them, other than their albums: on the soundtrack for The Hunger Games and, more recently, in the Coen Brothers' acclaimed film Inside Llewyn Davis
- Opening act: singer-songwriter Aoife O'Donovan, who the band calls a ""Punch Sister""
- Check out: the romantic ""Red & White & Blue & Gold"" from her debut solo album, Fossils
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 14, 2017. ALL SALES FINAL. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. FanXchange Terms and Conditions apply. Groupon Extraordinary Event Policy does not apply. Contact FanXchange at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Review event location before purchase (games/events listed may take place in other cities). Price listed is the lowest available price at the time tickets are made available via Groupon. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.