What You'll Get
- How you met Sturgill Simpson: on his 2013 debut album, High Top Mountain
- What you may have confused that record with: a long-lost Waylon Jennings recording
- Who else had that thought: Shooter Jennings, who told Rolling Stone "he sounds like my favorite era of my dad, the Seventies... That's what struck me about Sturgill from Day One."
- How he switched things up: he opened his guitar's third eye on his 2014 followup, Metamodern Sounds in Country Music, by incorporating psychedelia and lyrics about mythology, drugs, cosmology, and physics
- How critics felt: almost universally positive according to Metacritic, with Paste Magazine noting "the songs owe as much to Carl Sagan as they do Merle Haggard, most notably on the almost seven-minute 'It Ain’t All Flowers,' which takes ’70s outlaw country on a sizzling acid trip"
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 21, 2017. ALL SALES FINAL. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. FanXchange Terms and Conditions apply. Groupon Extraordinary Event Policy does not apply. Contact FanXchange at email@example.com with questions. Review event location before purchase (games/events listed may take place in other cities). Price listed is the lowest available price at the time tickets are made available via Groupon. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.