Choose from Nine Options
- $21 for a movie package at Admiral Theater ($35.25 value)
- $21 for a movie package at Olympic Cinemas ($35 value)
- $21 for a movie package at Anacortes Cinemas ($35 value)
- $21 for a movie package at Bainbridge Cinemas ($35.50 value)
- $21 for a movie package at Oak Harbor Cinemas ($35 value)
- $20 for a movie package at Ocean Shores Cinemas ($32 value)
- $21 for a movie package at Stanwood Cinemas ($35 value)
- $21 for a movie package at Lynwood Theatre ($34.50 value)
- $24 for a movie package at Varsity Theatre ($42.50 value)
The movie package includes admission for two adults, one medium popcorn, and two small sodas.
Far Away Entertainment Theaters and Cinemas
It sounds just like a movie: a former Disney employee and a former mayor team up to run their own theater. That's exactly what Jeff Brein and Sam Granato did in 1988 with Bainbridge Cinemas, where they still spend Friday and Saturday nights tearing tickets and scooping popcorn. Besides Bainbridge Cinemas, their theater collection—Far Away Entertainment —oversees nine other local theaters, including the historic single-screen Lynwood Theatre. Opened in 1936, Bainbridge Island's first talking picture house now specializes in independent features and foreign films in which actors rearrange the English alphabet to make strange new sounds.
Over at the two-screen Admiral Theater, projectionists show digital versions of Hollywood's freshest celluloid. New releases are also shown at Far Away's five remaining theaters, each of which contains three to five screens. Lean back in the Anacortes' reclining seats, or scarf down an all-beef frank at Oak Harbor while taking in a flick or live screening of the Metropolitan Opera.