What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Movies, Unlike Fruit, Are Better Spoiled
Avoid common movie-going maladies, such as concession depression, gummi tummy, and nocturnal intermissions with today’s Groupon. For $25, you’ll get two theater tickets and $35 worth of bites and beverages at Farrelli’s Cinema Supper Club, a theater and restaurant combination that New Times awarded as Phoenix’s Best Dinner and a Show in 2006. Usual ticket prices are $8.50 for adult regular showings and $7 for adult matinees, making this deal worth up to $52. Tickets for children 12 and under are $5 and can added to your bill at the end of the show.
Vintage interiors (chrome-pillared fireplace, plush carpeting, floor-to-ceiling drapes) give this film-and-fare fusion a 1940s feel - the decade where everyone wreathed themselves in stylish cigarette smoke and absolutely nothing bad happened, ever. Arrive early to enjoy an elegant aperitif in Farrelli’s lounge before show time. The theater eschews standard recliners and butter-soaked popcorn in favor of cozy tables and gourmet grub.
If you're courting a fellow foodie, start with the feta and roasted pepper bruschetta ($7.75), crunchy crostini crested with tomatoes, capers, feta, and basil. For dinner, fill up on parmesan-crusted chicken florentine ($17.50), or crab ravioli in lemon champagne alfredo ($17.95). Sweeten up the end credits with dessert—try crème brulee, cheesecake with raspberry sauce, or apple strudel a la mode ($5.95–$6.50).
This Groupon is ideal for indecisive daters, film buffs with palates too sophisticated for Red Vines, and anyone seeking a family-friendly multisensory experience.
- While gourmet entrees like salmon and artichoke chicken are available, appetizers and sandwiches shine. Baked Brie à l'orange and grilled portabella with sausage are sublime. Prices are a bargain, much better than $5 stale popcorn and $3.75 soda at your local theater. – Phoenix New Times
- We didn't have high expectations for the food, but we were really pleasantly surprised. Everything we ate was delicious. The servers do a great job walking the line between servicing your needs and trying not to interrupt you too much. – janicebarlow, Citysearch
- I have never had a bad experience at this place. – debvwilliams, Citysearch
Movies, Unlike Fruit, Are Better Spoiled
Movie spoilers are all over the Internet and Groupon didn't want to be left out. Here are some big spoilers for upcoming films:
- The Murderessesses: A group of female assassins team up to track down a stolen painting. SPOILER: It was all a dream!
- Lt. President: The President is trapped by terrorists at the Smithsonian and must use his Army training to defeat them. SPOILER: You eat a ham sandwich after the movie!
- Ghost-ketball: A deceased professional basketball player haunts his old team toward a winning season. SPOILER: Your son will be more successful than you!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 25, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per couple, may buy multiple as gifts. Dine-in only. Reservations required. Not valid with other offers. Tax & gratuity not included. Not valid on 12/24/09 or 2/14/10. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.