All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Though eating out fills diners with joy for having escaped the kitchen, it also fills diners' phones with increasingly accusatory texts from clingy ovens. Evade jealous stovetops with today’s Groupon to Fat Rosie's Taco & Tequila Bar in St. Charles. Choose from the following options:
- For $28, you get dinner for two (up to a $57 total value) that includes the following:
- One order of guacamole (a $7 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $17 value each)
- Two Fat Rosie's margaritas (an $8 value each)
- For $55, you get dinner for four (up to a $114 total value) that includes the following:
- Two orders of guacamole (a $7 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $17 value each)
- Four Fat Rosie's margaritas (an $8 value each)
- For $19, you get weekend brunch for two (up to a $38 total value) that includes the following:
- Two bloody marys (an $8 value each)
- Two brunch entrees (up to an $11 value each)
- For $36, you get weekend brunch for four (up to a $76 total value) that includes the following:
- Four bloody marys (an $8 value each)
- Four brunch entrees (up to an $11 value each)
Fat Rosie's Taco & Tequila Bar’s executive chef Raoul Arreola draws on culinary experience including 12 years working with celebrated chef Rick Bayless to whip up dinner and weekend brunch menus featuring inventive Mexican fare with an emphasis on Oaxacan recipes. Eating ensembles can gear up for spirited conversation as they plunge homemade tortilla chips into the guacamole’s verdant avocado and serrano-chili depths. Taste buds escape on border-traversing sojourns with entrees such as fajitas that snuggle charred poblano peppers, queso fresco, and a choice of veggies, chicken, steak, or shrimp into a warm corn-tortilla sleeping bag. A quartet of Ensenada tacos packed with buttered tilapia and avocado mayonnaise torpedo growling tummy trolls, and the enchiladas con salsa Del Dia Tango bellies up to tables filled with cheese, picadillo, chicken, or steak. To quench mouths parched from reciting Pancho Villa's memoir, a Fat Rosie’s margarita floods tongue caves with a mélange of tequila, triple sec, and a house lime mix. On Thursday and Friday nights, mariachi music entertains diners and enables mouths to show off their choreographed chewing routines.
Alternatively, bands of hunger-havers bridge the gap between breakfast and second brunch with a relaxed weekend brunch including bloody marys. Midday munchers can feast on the huevos al bajio that sets a pair of poached eggs a-sail in a masa boat festooned with black beans and chorizo lifeboats. Diners can also slip spoons into the aromatic pozole, a Mexican hominy stew featuring pork in guajillo chili sauce hottubbing with an entourage of cilantro and radishes, or cast a ballot in the savory-versus-sweet breakfast food debate with an order of Milk & Honey granola.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 28, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Valid only for dinner menu and brunch menu. Dine-in only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.