- $7 for $10 worth of hot dogs, burgers and sides
- Click here to see the menu
Felony Franks is not like most hot-dog joints. It’s dedicated to employing ex-offenders, who often have an extremely difficult—if not impossible—time trying to find a job after paying their debt to society. Read on to discover more about this socially conscious eatery:
- Its menu is tongue-in-cheek. Items include the Chicago-style Misdemeanor Wiener, the Parolish polish sausage, and The Greek (Salad).
- Ingredients are important. Cooks use all-beef hot dogs and polish sausages made by Red Hot Chicago, condiments that are chopped onsite and often sourced locally, and milkshakes made with 6% milk fat.
- It hopes to set up its employees for long-term success. Owner Deno Andrews told the Chicago Tribune that he hopes to train his employees to the point where they can open future Felony Franks locations of their own. He also hopes to use donations through the Rescue Foundation to offer ongoing life training for the staff.