What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- C$19 for one VHS-to-DVD digitalization transfer (C$40 value)
- C$55 for three VHS-to-DVD digitalization transfers (C$120 value)
- Customers receive their DVD on the next business day.
Digital Video Transfer: Preserving Memories for Good
Relics of the bygone era of the original camcorder, VHS videos may not be the ideal vessel for cherished family memories. Find out how to keep old footage fresh with Groupon’s rundown of digital video transfer.
Any footage preserved on a VHS tape should be considered an endangered memory. Comprised of magnetic tape that can degrade over time—and imperiled by any malfunctioning VCR—the once-popular videos were not built to last. Converting analog tapes into digital files ensures that your home movies can be enjoyed for years without losing quality or taking up shelf space otherwise reserved for Oscar statuettes. To accomplish this, most VHS-to-DVD transfer services use an analog-to-digital adapter, which translates the tape’s video signal into pixels to store on a computer’s hard drive. From there, the files can be edited and preserved for posterity either by burning them to DVDs or uploading the videos to Internet sites such as YouTube.
- VHS, which stands for video home service, was almost obsolete before it even took off. Many considered an early competitor, Betamax, a superior form of videocassette.
- A single DVD can typically fit about two hours of video—just enough time to see a child grow from a newborn into a full-fledged justborn.
About Fenelon's Photo & Video
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. VHS max of 2 hours of footage. Additional fee of $10 may apply for footage over capacity. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.