Choose Between Two Options
- $32 for Saturday-night live jazz with one appetizer for two ($51.95 value)
- $63 for Saturday-night live jazz with two appetizers for four ($103.90 value)
May 2015 jazz lineup:
- May 16: Gil Lewis Jazz Trio—Light Jazz, Easy Listening and R&B
- May 23: Traxx—Smooth Jazz, R&B, and Funk
- May 30: $100 Short Band—R&B, Slow Jazz, and Funk
Filet Of Soul
After finding success in New York City with her restaurant Kwanzaa, Lisa Morris (née Gallimore) and her husband, Traci Morris, decided their hometown deserved an eatery similar to their original joint, which had been visited by celebrities and lauded by the press. So they went back to Chester County to open Filet Of Soul just 10 minutes from where they both grew up.
The kitchen is now run by one of Chester County's most popular soul food caterers and by a trained chef from the Caribbean. The duo whips up international and classic soul food, including braised oxtails, coconut-crusted ginger halibut, fried chicken, and slow-smoked barbecue ribs and chicken.
They also create dishes for Filet of Soul's Supper Club, a private dining and entertainment area which houses soulful Sunday Gospel Brunches and the popular Saturday Night Live Jazz Series. Along with its Caribbean dishes, brightly colored walls, and cans of shark repellant, the restaurant's tropical mocktails make diners feel like they're on a breezy island. Though Filet Of Soul doesn't have a liquor license, it is BYOB.