Eating authentically prepared food lets you taste the very essence of a country and draws far fewer angry glares than chewing on its national flag. Savor globetrotting flavors with today’s Groupon to Finnish Bistro in St. Paul. Choose between the following options:
- For $14, you get a European breakfast or lunch for two before 4 p.m. (up to a $28.90 total value). The meal includes the following:
- Two entrees (up to an $11.95 value each)
- Two sodas or juices (up to a $2.50 value each)<p>
- For $20, you get a European dinner for two after 4 p.m. (up to a $45.90 total value). The meal includes the following:
- Two entrees (up to an $13.95 value each)
- Two sodas, juices, glasses of wine, or beers (up to a $9 value each)
The chefs at Finnish Bistro channel Scandinavian culinary traditions to conjure a menu of European-tinged bistro fare. Breakfast is served all day to roust slumbering appetites and give late-rising roosters a false sense of accomplishment. Commence breakfasting with the Finnish Perinteiset breakfast, a platter piled high with smoked salmon lox, pickled herring, salami, and eggs mingled with cucumber, tomato, swiss cheese, and bread. A loaded baked-potato pizza remixes a comfort classic with fresh onions, cheddar cheese, and applewood-smoked bacon resting on a foundation of buttery garlic-mashed-potato set deep into an earthen crust and served with a side of sour cream. Sautéed spinach and grilled seasonal vegetables accompany grilled daily fish specialties, which allow diners to sample the flavors of the Nordic sea without the discomfort of wearing cumbersome diving bells at the dinner table. Evening diners can potably punch-up their meals with a variety of wine and imported European beers, including the cider-like Kataja Olut from Finland. Though not valid with today’s Groupon, Finnish Bistro features happy hour specials Monday–Saturday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
2264 Como Ave.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108