Choose Between Two Options
- $45 for a two-hour Introduction to Enameling class for one ($90 value)
- $85 for a two-hour Introduction to Enameling class for two ($180 value)
What you’ll learn in the class:
- Metal preparation and fabrication for enameling, and the basic theory and physics of fire enameling using a torch and kiln
- Classic enameling technique of stenciling and more to create interesting enamel patterns and textures (No drawing required!)
- Practical knowledge of the tools and equipment needed to get your own enameling studio up and running
What you’ll take home with you:
- Two copper enamel pendants or pin pieces made in-class
Delia is just as comfortable welding a torch as she is a paintbrush. As an artist, her affinity for metal and enamel media merges to result in a range of whimsical sculptures and fabrications. One of the most impressive is her signature piece Me Deuce, a 14-foot sculpture depicting a bronze snake-haired woman drawing a bow. It's on display at Barbacoa Grill, where it can only be defeated if shown its reflection in a clean plate.
Delia's works are born at FireFusion Studio, where she also passes on her passion for art in social, hands-on classes that encourage creative experimentation. She acquaints beginners with her methods in Introduction to Enameling, in which she details how to fuse glass and metal to create colorful pieces that are organic or geometric in nature. In more advanced classes, she covers how to make enamel pendants by layering foils and blending paint colors, as well as working with liquid enamel and etching designs on copper. She also opens her studio's doors for open-access labs, providing experienced artisans a place to create.