Releasing sweat is one way the body lowers its temperature, as is shooting smoke out of the ears or instinctively charging into the ocean. Keep it cool with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
C$29 for a 45-day gym membership for one (a C$149 value) C$39 for a 45-day gym membership for two (a C$298 value)
- 45 days of access to 39,000-square-foot facility
- Personalized fitness program and one workout with a certified personal trainer
- Group classes including Zumba, yoga, Pilates, boot camp, Aqua Fit, and more available
- Access to the squash and racquetball courts
- Sign-up fee waived for membership extension on first visit
For more than 25 years, Fitness Forum owners Alec and Lynne Pinchin have kept their 39,000-square-foot gym in fine fettle through constant renovations and an influx of up-to-date equipment and fitness programs. The facility's high-soaring ceilings and walls shield exercisers from the harsh heat and bitter cold of the outdoors, and expansive skylights let in natural light and views of emus soaring among the clouds. In two cardio centres, heart rates skyrocket as guests tackle treadmills and stairmasters and fix their eyes on HDTVs. The gym also houses an indoor pool area and a rubberized running track.
More than 75 fitness classes energize and motivate visitors in a fun group setting, and squash courts host sweat-inducing bouts between racquet-wielding foes. While parents torch calories rep by rep, kids can while away the time at the gym's daycare centre, where tykes watch movies and fill out tax papers in pudding.