Standup comedians typically draw from real life, such as bad relationships or how the zoo is crazy. Life's a riot with this GrouponLive deal to Flappers Comedy Club in Burbank or Claremont. Flappers Comedy Club has a two-item minimum for each customer. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get general admission for two to a regular show (up to a $40 value).
- For $18, you get general-admission for four to a regular show (up to an $80 value).
- For $1,499, you get a private comedy party for 30 people at the Burbank location (up to a $4,520 total value) that includes:
- Private rental of The Yoo-Hoo Room for three hours with a custom marquee (an $800 value)
- Custom comedy show personalized to your group (up to a $1,500 value)
- Fatty Arbuckle buffet dinner for 30 with salad, wood-fired pizzas, chicken wings, and sliders (a $570 value)
- 90 drink tickets (up to a $1,080 value)
- One master DVD of the show (a $50 value)
- One framed souvenir photo (a $20 value)
- Food and liquor taxes, gratuities, and fees (a $500 value)
- Additional guests may be added for $50 each
Founded by a pair of stage-seasoned comedians, Flappers Comedy Club flaunts a parade of acclaimed acts across its classic brick-backed stages while the scent of freshly baked pizzas and drinks tempt the senses. Audience members sidle up to the cocktail-style seating for an intimate night of laughs for two or a raucous group celebration, basking in a generous vantage point to glimpse their favorite standup stars and flirt with their favorite overhead spotlight. Upcoming comics include Paul Ogata (Claremont, August 31–September 1), the winner of the 32nd San Francisco International Stand Up Comedy Competition in 2007. Paul’s edgy diatribes about his Asian American upbringing work audiences from titters to raucous laughter, and his other material veers into such absurdist territory as meditations on the drug habits of Muppets. Bil Dwyer (Burbank, August 31–September 1), on the other hand, uses his beaming smile and good-natured demeanor to put audiences at ease before whipping one-liners and sarcastic observations about marriage and fatherhood directly at funny bones.
Alternatively, private comedy parties give patrons the opportunity to create an unforgettable night for office workers, extended families, or a carful of clowns. After talking to the organizer, Flappers searches through its rolodex of chuckle crafters, finding the perfect comedians for any party. Once the night arrives, guests enter The Yoo-Hoo Room through a private entrance, avoiding lines and crowds while fortifying a VIP atmosphere. Inside, show-goers dig into the Fatty Arbuckle buffet and down delectable cocktails while enjoying custom laughs.
Flappers Comedy Club
Flappers Comedy Club's multifarious menu brims with innovative pizzas, mouthwatering wings, and an extensive drink selection, all of which work together to invigorate taste buds while knees frantically shield periodic slaps. Smoky wood-fired pizza crusts cradle a range of sliceable selections, such as the BLAT, which mimics the classic sandwich by swathing sizzling cheese, tomato, and bacon in cool lettuce, avocado, and creamy california ranch. Wings don a rustic wood-fired flavor beneath a kaleidoscope of sauces, including buffalo, cranberry chipotle, and parmesan ranch, before diving into cold blue-cheese or ranch dressing.
Flappers Comedy Club's prices vary throughout the week.