What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for a 60-minute float session ($50 value)
- $39 for a 60-minute float session, plus an IR sauna session ($80 value)
- $99 for three 60-minute float sessions, plus three IR sauna sessions ($240 value)
During one-hour float sessions, customers float calmly in salt water aiming to alleviate muscle ailments and create an enhanced sense of relaxation. Alternatively, in infrared sauna room sessions, guests relax in a room that is heated well past 100 degrees Fahrenheit in order to increase the body’s internal temperature, like any other sauna. But the infrared wavelengths used to do so actually reach beneath the skin’s surface rather than simply warming the air. This process can activate the lymphatic system to encourage a variety of healthful benefits, from the loss of water weight to the release of toxins. And, like a traditional sauna, its gentle warmth can also lessen pain and relax the body and mind as well as assist in detoxification, relaxation weight-loss, improved circulation, and skin purification.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Gift purchase must be given to someone, can not be gifted to self. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
At FloatSource, there are a few different paths to relaxation, including IR Sauna, massage, and two paths that involve water. The facility's hydromassage bed, for instance, soothes tight muscles with rolling waves as clients lie on a dry, contoured surface. FloatSource's floatation tanks, meanwhile, don't keep you quite as dry, but they are extremely effective relaxation tools. In fact, floatation is often referred to as "restricted environmental stimulation therapy," or REST. Here are a few things to know about this process:
- The tanks are located in private rooms. Plus, there is a shower room near by, making it easy to rinse off before and after your session.
- No light or sound gets inside. Each tank features a specially designed ceiling and walls, helping to eliminate exterior distractions.
- Hundreds of pounds of Epsom salt let you float. Tanks have 10 inches of water heated to skin temperature, with 900 pounds of Epsom salts. This buoyancy and absence of gravity combines with temperature-controlled water, allowing you to relax and lose track of where your body ends and the water begins.
- Sessions typically produce a deep calmness. It's an utter state of relaxation, meaning even the minimum 60-minute float could be the equivalent of sleeping for several hours.