Choose from Three Options
- $12 for admission for two ($20 value)
- $20 for admission for four ($40 value)
- $29 for admission for six ($60 value)
Visiting Exhibits: Life Stories In Art will be on display in the Krieble Gallery until January 25. Peter Halley: Big Paintings opens in the Krieble Gallery on February 6.
The gallery will be closed January 25–February 5 for an installation.
Florence Griswold Museum
Something special happened in Connecticut during the early 20th century: artists began flocking to Miss Florence’s boardinghouse, creating a home for American impressionism in the village of Old Lyme. Today, visitors to the Florence Griswold Museum can explore the same house and grounds, learning about Connecticut's crucial role in American art while dreaming up masterpieces of their own.
- Size: an 11-acre museum campus with indoor art galleries, gardens, and historic buildings
- Crown Jewel: A National Historic Landmark, the Florence Griswold House once served as a boarding house to more than 200 American artists
- The Art: changing exhibitions of American art featured in the Krieble Gallery
- Eye Catcher: a landscape historian and volunteers have recreated Miss Florence's old-fashioned garden, which was the subject of many paintings
- Hands-On Activities: young guests can try "Can You Find Me?" cards to search for key paintings, as well as a scavenger hunt list of objects to look for inside the Florence Griswold House
- Don't Miss: Enter the dining room where famous guests such as Childe Hassam dined and left beautiful paintings right on the walls and door panels
- Pro Tips: well-behaved dogs are allowed outside, and artists can bring along their tools to paint the scenery
- Special Programs: art lectures, crafting events, seasonal festivals, and signature Make-a-Painting Sunday events