See what it's like on the other side of the velvet rope with today's Groupon for first-class cocktails and clubbing at Fly Lounge, the exclusive, upscale nightclub that transports you through the friendly skies without the turbulent take-off. For $20, you get $50 worth of in-flight cocktails, all without getting smashed in the knee by the beverage cart. Drink prices at Fly start at around $6 for beer and wine, and $10 for cocktails. Keep an eye out for cute commuters at the bar, or reserve a VIP table online to be the fuel that keeps the party going. Bring a group of friends and combine multiple Groupons to use toward Fly Lounge's bottle service (sorry, no combos on individual drinks). With seven Groupons, you only spend $140—instead of the normal $350—on Grey Goose bottle service with mixers and a "flight attendant" for your table keeping your glasses full.
The sleek interior corridor of Fly Lounge is fitted with aircraft aluminum and flat-screen window monitors that simulate cloud-filled skies as you jet from your table to the bar. At a VIP table, you can cool your bottle in a stainless-steel turbine bucket full of glowing red ice. Your friendly servers and bartenders are outfitted in flattering flight attendant uniforms; more attendant than cranky air-personnel, the dutiful staff at Fly Lounge let you order a double whenever you want. No need to bring your iPod or headphones to drown out the crying baby in the next seat—Fly Lounge pumps the hottest dance and house music to keep the mood elevated and get you moving. Check out Fly Lounge's schedule for weekly events, and breeze by the convenient Midtown location during the week or before midnight on weekends to avoid a cover.
Don't miss your connection with the elite lounge that'll turn your next gathering into an all-night journey.
- A cool aviation-themed club, which successfully manages to fuse an eclectic, diverse crowd, with a one-of-a-kind architectural design. – Richeen A., Yelp
- That's the cool thing about this place - the music is key and everyone is dancing, even though it's more of a lounge than a dance club. – Zita L., Yelp
- ...fly has a cool look, exclusivity, which makes you feel special about being there and very sexy girl bartenders and waitresses, it gets packed but that's for a reason, it's because the place is really about as swanky as dc clubs can get – glitteris2, AOL City Guide
A Pilot’s Life Ain’t What It Used to Be
Fly Lounge brings back the glamorous world once inhabited by pilots and stewardesses. Here are five reasons why being an airplane pilot isn’t as glamorous as it once was, from long-time captain Joe Wzerber:
- “They won’t let me drink during flights. Only after flights and before flights and sometimes during flights.”
- “Stewardesses no longer bring the three most beautiful passengers to the cockpit to meet me.”
- “Since the early ‘90s, plane-crashing has been discouraged.”
- “Uptight air-traffic controllers refuse to use my call sign: Starcat.”
- “Ever since the FAA officially forbade in-flight sleeping contests, I’ve been a lot crankier.”
1802 Jefferson Pl Nw
Washington, District of Columbia 20036Get Directions