Make your lunch hour in downtown Phoenix an hour of power with an hour-long visit to Focaccia Fiorentina for a lunch-hour power-hour of lunch. Today's Groupon gets you $25 worth of food and drink at Focaccia Fiorentina for only $10—satisfy your hourly carb-cravings with pasta and crisp, airy focaccia, and use the you energy saved by not packing a lunch to tackle an enormous calzone.
Focaccia Fiorentina's menu offers fresh focaccia sandwiches, pastas, salads, pizzas, and calzones until 2 p.m. every weekday. Try the giardiniere (a focaccia sandwich stuffed with grilled zucchini, homemade mozzarella, tomato, and extra virgin olive oil) or the rigatoni alla fiorentina (al dente rigatoni, fresh parsley, and ricotta cheese tossed in a zesty tomato cream sauce tossed). Hand-stretched pizzas are made-to-order with your choice of ingredients; the calzones are so hot they come with caution tape.
If you're looking for morning fuel, Mediterranean and Southwest flavors meet for breakfast between 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Offerings include custom breakfast burritos, omelettes, and a fried-egg sandwich served up on grilled focaccia bread.
Grab your coworkers and get your Groupon to gourmet goodness served on tawny wooden tables in a clean, uncluttered dining room. Located in the historic Heard building, this friendly family-owned Italian eatery has been a central downtown staple for years. If you're cooped up in the office most of the day, relax on Fiorentina's patio for a hand-made meal under the sun.
Critics can't stop smacking their lips at Focaccia Fiorentina's flavorful fare:
- This is tasty Tuscan fare, like the valtellina, a hearty hot sandwich of bresaola (air-dried beef), fresh basil, mozzarella, lettuce, lemon and extra-virgin olive oil on focaccia. We adore the classic rigatoni al ragu, loaded with lean ground beef, zesty marinara, fresh parsley, a touch of cream and Parmesan. The caesar is the real thing, too. – Phoenix New Times
- Pasta for lunch. Brownies for dessert. It's a carb coma heaven worth an extra hour on the treadmill. – Kara Ritter, azcentral.com
- The ladies behind the counter are amazingly friendly, helpful, and wonderful at their craft! The burrito options are wide open! Pick what you want in there, and they do it! – Nicole W., Yelp
- The sandwiches are made with focaccia that a [sic] has a light, slightly crisp texture, resulting in large sandwiches that contain generous quantities of meat, vegetable, and cheese fillings without being overly filling. – David B., Yelp
- The food is flavorful and delicious, the place is not too heavy on the pocket and the portions are pretty generous. Its [sic] a favorite amongst all my co workers as well. – Prachi N., Insider Pages
The Breakfast Conspiracy
Breakfast was created in 1991 by a secret network of piano manufacturers with one common goal: to force Americans to eat a new meal in order to increase piano sales. By combining false scientific data, the social influence of popular teenagers, speculative stock market reports, a heavy-duty file cabinet, three functional laser pointers, and a complimentary one-year subscription to Ebony, this shadowy cabal convinced Americans that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.
112 S Central Ave
Phoenix, Arizona 85004Get Directions